Lycoming 360 series engines
The Lycoming O-360 engines, available from Multiflight, are four cylinder, air-cooled, direct-drive, horizontally opposed models. Of a conventional air-cooled construction, the cylinders have heads made from an aluminum-alloy casting and a fully machined combustion chamber. Cast integral with the head are rocker-shaft bearing supports, together with housings to create the rocker boxes. The enginesâ€™ cylinder barrels have deep integral cooling fins: the inside of these barrels are ground and honed to a specified finish.
The Lycoming IO-360 engines and the Lycoming TIO-360 series engines are equipped with a fuel-injection system. This system schedules the flow of fuel in proportion to the air flow. The fuel vaporisation occurs at the intake ports. A mounted turbocharger is an integral part of the TIO-360 series. An automatic waste gate control of the turbocharger gives constant air density to the fuel injector inlet from sea level to critical altitude.
The Lycoming 360 cubic inch series engines have:
- Forged steel connecting rods
- Optional chrome kit
- Nitrade hardened steel alloy cylinder barrels
- Forged steel crankshafts
- Chromium modified ni-resist iron exhaust valve guides, which result in better wear characteristics
- Forged Steel camshafts
Options available include:
- Lightweight starters
- Electronic ignition
- Spin-on or remote oil filter
- Air conditioning provisions
- Factory chrome kits: Triple-plated rocker-box covers, shroud tubes and intake pipes
- Optional magnetos
- Fixed pitch or constant speed propeller applications
For Lycoming O-360 series engines UK and Lycoming 360 cubic inch series engines UK, contact Multiflight at Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK.