Lycoming 235 series engines
The Lycoming 0-235 series engines, which are available from Multiflight, are four cylinder, horizontally-opposed, direct-drive, wet-sump, air-cooled engines. The cylinders of these engines are of traditional air-cooled construction and have heads made from an aluminum-alloy casting and with a combustion chamber that is fully machined.
The engines’ cylinder barrels are machined using chrome nickel molybdenum steel forgings. These have deep integral cooling fins that are ground and honed to create a final specified finish.
The Lycoming 235 cubic inch series engines have:
- Forged steel connecting rods
- Optional chrome kit
- Nitrade hardened steel alloy cylinder barrels*
- Forged steel crankshafts
- Chromium modified ni-resist iron exhaust valve guides, which result in better wear characteristics
Options that are available:
- Lightweight starters
- Electronic ignition
- Spin-on or remote oil filter
- Air conditioning provisions
- Factory chrome kits: Triple-plated rocker-box covers, shroud tubes and intake pipes Optional magnetos
- Fixed pitch or constant speed propeller applications
*Except for O-235 low-compression engines
For Lycoming O-235 series engines UK and Lycoming 235 cubic inch series engines UK, contact Multiflight at Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK.