Lycoming 320 series engines
The Lycoming O-320 series engines, which are available from Multiflight, are four cylinder, direct-drive, air-cooled, horizontally opposed models. The cylinders of these engines are of traditional air-cooled construction. Their heads are made from an aluminum alloy casting and a fully machined combustion chamber. The cylinder barrels are made using chrome nickel molybdenum steel forgings that have deep integral cooling fins that are ground and honed to a final specified finish. The Lycoming 320 cubic inch series engines are equipped with a float-type carburetor.
Exceptionally good distribution of the fuel air mixture to the cylinders is gained through the centre zone induction system: integral with the oil sump and submerged in oil. This ensures a more uniform vaporisation of fuel and aids cooling the oil in the sump. Also, the IO-320 has a fuel injector. The 0-320 series enginesâ€™ fuel injection system schedules the fuel flow in proportion to the air flow. The vaporisation of the fuel takes place at the intake ports.
The Lycoming 320 cubic inch series engines have:
- Forged steel connecting rods
- Optional chrome kit
- Nitrade hardened steel alloy cylinder barrels
- Forged steel crankshafts
- Chromium modified ni-resist iron exhaust valve guides, which result in better wear characteristics
- Forged Steel camshafts
Options available include:
- Lightweight starters
- Electronic ignition
- Spin-on or remote oil filter
- Air conditioning provisions
- Factory chrome kits: Triple-plated rocker-box covers, shroud tubes and intake pipes
- Optional magnetos
- Fixed pitch or constant speed propeller applications
For Lycoming O-320 series engines UK and Lycoming 320 cubic inch series engines UK, contact Multiflight at Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK.